G&R ENTERTAINMENT & GAMING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dead Island

5 posters

Go down

Dead Island Empty Dead Island

Post  GOD_wears_GUCCI Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:47 pm

Dead Island gamers you know your first in the gaming thread, all DI related conversation may commense here. Enjoy Smile
GOD_wears_GUCCI
GOD_wears_GUCCI
Admin
Admin

https://godrobforums.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Dead Island Empty Re: Dead Island

Post  rrobb911 Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:39 pm

Yay Dead Island! You're really taking a good jump start on this place! I better catch up.
rrobb911
rrobb911
Admin
Admin

https://godrobforums.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Razorhawkzor Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:19 pm

I may have been active on the Dead Island Forums, but was never as fun after my first playthrough.
Razorhawkzor
Razorhawkzor

Back to top Go down

Post  Dudeacus97 Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:38 pm

Razorhawkzor wrote:I may have been active on the Dead Island Forums, but was never as fun after my first playthrough.

Isn't that true with all games?
Dudeacus97
Dudeacus97
A Diamond in the Rough

Back to top Go down

Post  MissWakaLaka Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:03 pm

Not really. A lot of games can be fun the hundreth time you play them. I have a selection of games that I still enjoy now, even after finishing them dozens of times. Unfortunately DI doesn't seem to have much to offer beyond the first playthrough. Unless you're aiming for trophies.

I think it lacks proper replay value. I like to challenge myself and see if I am capable of doing a run through without getting killed, or attempting to complete every single side mission available. There's no new game plus, no alternate endings. Nothing can be unlocked in a new game that you didn't have prior access to.

Unless you count that awful leveling up system, which is more of a hinderence than a help.
MissWakaLaka
MissWakaLaka
Detective

Back to top Go down

Post  GOD_wears_GUCCI Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:12 pm

MissWakaLaka wrote:Not really. A lot of games can be fun the hundreth time you play them. I have a selection of games that I still enjoy now, even after finishing them dozens of times. Unfortunately DI doesn't seem to have much to offer beyond the first playthrough. Unless you're aiming for trophies.

I think it lacks proper replay value. I like to challenge myself and see if I am capable of doing a run through without getting killed, or attempting to complete every single side mission available. There's no new game plus, no alternate endings. Nothing can be unlocked in a new game that you didn't have prior access to.

Unless you count that awful leveling up system, which is more of a hinderence than a help.

This is the exact reason I started modding on that game, people on DI forums like to talk trash at me for it, but after my 4th character (2 on xbox, 2 on pc) I had to try something new. So I got a program to make weapons that couldn't be made or rarely even found. Then I realized there are so many different things I could do. Now I have multiple challenging folders to spice up my game. Such as; Hoarde mode (basically ALOT more zombies), Night Mod ( cant say thats "cheating" it makes it alot harder), sometimes I make my speed super fast so I have no control over my character and have to stand still to shoot, I can play with 300 sticky bomb assasins greeds, the possibilities are endless. I accept that hacking is wrong in competitive gaming, but people shouldn't look down on others for making a game a little geared towards their interests Smile

P.s please (everyone) dont reply saying "but they come in my game and kill me" because that can be done easily without hacks, no matter how the gaming industry is set up there will always be assholes in the world Smile
GOD_wears_GUCCI
GOD_wears_GUCCI
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Razorhawkzor Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:27 pm

For me on modding this is my stance:

I think that they add to the fun on the game depending on whta kind of person you. I personally don't like mods since I prefer the normal way. As long as it doesn't affect anyone else. Go right on ahead and mod all you effing want.
Razorhawkzor
Razorhawkzor

Back to top Go down

Post  GOD_wears_GUCCI Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:48 pm

Razorhawkzor wrote:For me on modding this is my stance:

I think that they add to the fun on the game depending on whta kind of person you. I personally don't like mods since I prefer the normal way. As long as it doesn't affect anyone else. Go right on ahead and mod all you effing want.
Your the kind of person I aim to play with, someone who necessarily wont bug me to do hours of file work and also wont complain as long as I dont do anything stupid or immature lol most people enjoy playing with me after they get past the fact that my game is different lol. I mean what how can a partner able to jump across the map for quest items and drop hundreds of amazing nades and medpacks hurt? unless you want to play 100% legit of course. lol ive been there.
GOD_wears_GUCCI
GOD_wears_GUCCI
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Razorhawkzor Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:34 pm

Well if you played with me and started flying, throwing infinite nade and medkits, I would either just leave or say something. That's just cause I don't enjoy modss much. I'd prefer someone who does that to play alone or with someone else who uses mods so as to not ruin the experience others are looking for.
Razorhawkzor
Razorhawkzor

Back to top Go down

Post  MissWakaLaka Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:59 pm

I wouldn't mind using mods after I'd finished a game. I like to complete things the normal way first, and then move onto to cheats/hacks e.t.c. That way I can at least say I completed it beforehand.

MissWakaLaka
MissWakaLaka
Detective

Back to top Go down

Post  GOD_wears_GUCCI Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:37 pm

MissWakaLaka wrote:I wouldn't mind using mods after I'd finished a game. I like to complete things the normal way first, and then move onto to cheats/hacks e.t.c. That way I can at least say I completed it beforehand.

Most certainly! I had done about 3 or 4 playthroughs before I even got a defender of the mother land lol. I hate hackers on games like battlefield, counterstrike, COD, and things of that nature. Dead Island just seems like it was almost made for mods (kind of like grand theft auto). Not really said in game but everyone knows and uses kind of thing because they are non competitive rpg's.
GOD_wears_GUCCI
GOD_wears_GUCCI
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dudeacus97 Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:32 pm

GOD_wears_GUCCI wrote:
MissWakaLaka wrote:I wouldn't mind using mods after I'd finished a game. I like to complete things the normal way first, and then move onto to cheats/hacks e.t.c. That way I can at least say I completed it beforehand.

Most certainly! I had done about 3 or 4 playthroughs before I even got a defender of the mother land lol. I hate hackers on games like battlefield, counterstrike, COD, and things of that nature. Dead Island just seems like it was almost made for mods (kind of like grand theft auto). Not really said in game but everyone knows and uses kind of thing because they are non competitive rpg's.

COD hackers are horrible. Especially the World at War ones. One of them made fun of me because I had a low KDR. While he had god mode.
Dudeacus97
Dudeacus97
A Diamond in the Rough

Back to top Go down

Post  Razorhawkzor Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:55 pm

Low KD....

You must really suck to keep on dying to someone with god mode and flying.

Hackers are annoying to deal with and make some games unplayable like WaW. I think of it like:
Hackers bad
Modders good
Razorhawkzor
Razorhawkzor

Back to top Go down

Post  rrobb911 Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:13 pm

This would have great replay value, or better replay if the zombies didn't spawn in the exact same place every time for every quest.
rrobb911
rrobb911
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dudeacus97 Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:41 pm

Razorhawkzor wrote:Low KD....

You must really suck to keep on dying to someone with god mode and flying.

Hackers are annoying to deal with and make some games unplayable like WaW. I think of it like:
Hackers bad
Modders good

I know. Those people were the biggest assholes I ever met on XBOX live. (The invisible bunny rabbit Dead Island troll is also up there.)

I also hate those people in Dead Island that accept modded infinite ammo rifles that instaneously kill anything in one hit, then insist on using them in every single engagement. Especially when they claim the game is "too hard" for them.
Dudeacus97
Dudeacus97
A Diamond in the Rough

Back to top Go down

Post  MissWakaLaka Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:06 pm

I don't believe it's fair to use modded weapons against none modders. It's an unfair advantage that ruins the fun. At least I think so.
MissWakaLaka
MissWakaLaka
Detective

Back to top Go down

Post  GOD_wears_GUCCI Wed May 02, 2012 5:20 pm

MissWakaLaka wrote:I don't believe it's fair to use modded weapons against none modders. It's an unfair advantage that ruins the fun. At least I think so.

I can agree with that, I have used almost every mod possible for dead island so im not going to say im not a modder but I wish there were more modders like me. I play 100% different from them, I try to make the game harder.. granted I do make epic weapons for myself and nice "non-modders" but for the most part I know how to be fair.. Like when I join someones game I let them know that I mod and ask if they want me to leave, or if they want me to turn down a certain aspect of my mod. Like if they are outraged by my 3 million damage then I will crank it down to default settings and leave the jump height and speed. My main issue with people is how they treat modders. They will be 100% cool with me being in the game and then I jump 300ft for some misc. reason and by the time im back to the ground im treated like the anti-christ and kicked lol. For example; today I joined someones game, helped them do like 5 sidequests and gave him a few weapons. I ask him to get in a truck while we were free-roaming, he gets in.. I shoot the truck (fly mod- if you have seen the video in 'Gods world' on DI forums) he flies through the air, comes back down and starts screaming at me calling me "piece of **** and asshole and saying I ruined his playing experience. People like that deserve a swift kick to the groind.
GOD_wears_GUCCI
GOD_wears_GUCCI
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  rrobb911 Sun May 06, 2012 4:25 pm

I'm waiting for The Dead Linger to come out...I don't care if zombies are beat to death, but this game concept looks sweet.
rrobb911
rrobb911
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Razorhawkzor Mon May 14, 2012 9:38 pm

Something about the Dead Island Forums. It feels sorta like.

Dead Island Forums
Razorhawkzor
Razorhawkzor

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down