G&R ENTERTAINMENT & GAMING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Direction of the Internet

4 posters

Go down

Direction of the Internet Empty Direction of the Internet

Post  rrobb911 Wed May 23, 2012 10:38 am

Where the internet is going right now sucks. Everything is the troll picture, trololo, herp/derp, "what my friends think I do" pictures, and a shitload of other stupid shit. I swear the average IQ of the internet users is in the mentally challenged range now.

If anyone replies with trololo, herp, or whatever will get banned.
rrobb911
rrobb911
Admin
Admin

https://godrobforums.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Direction of the Internet Empty Re: Direction of the Internet

Post  GOD_wears_GUCCI Wed May 23, 2012 12:53 pm

Very true, everything is geared towards childish humor now a' days.
GOD_wears_GUCCI
GOD_wears_GUCCI
Admin
Admin

https://godrobforums.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  rrobb911 Wed May 23, 2012 2:44 pm

GOD_wears_GUCCI wrote:Very true, everything is geared towards childish humor now a' days.

Awesome avatar Smile
rrobb911
rrobb911
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  rrobb911 Wed May 23, 2012 2:47 pm

I miss the days of MSN messenger (how I asked out my current girlfriend Smile), those AOL cd's in the mail, getting yelled at by my parents to get off the internet so they can use the phone...
rrobb911
rrobb911
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dudeacus97 Wed May 23, 2012 4:53 pm

What would you define as "childish humor"? Would the SDA count?

I always hated memes. I'm autistic, so I use the word "retarded" only when it really deserves it, but the word retarded is the very first thing that comes to mind when I hear the word "meme". It's either something with the head of an animal with something dumb written in impact (only funny when it's Insanity Wolf), a lolcat, or completely failing at making fun of something. Seriously, writing "It's basically Battle Royale" in impact over the poster or writing "It's basically God of War" over a picture of the case for Dante's Inferno is about as funny as the Khemr Rouge.
Dudeacus97
Dudeacus97
A Diamond in the Rough

Back to top Go down

Post  GOD_wears_GUCCI Wed May 23, 2012 6:03 pm

Dudeacus97 wrote:What would you define as "childish humor"? Would the SDA count?

I always hated memes. I'm autistic, so I use the word "retarded" only when it really deserves it, but the word retarded is the very first thing that comes to mind when I hear the word "meme". It's either something with the head of an animal with something dumb written in impact (only funny when it's Insanity Wolf), a lolcat, or completely failing at making fun of something. Seriously, writing "It's basically Battle Royale" in impact over the poster or writing "It's basically God of War" over a picture of the case for Dante's Inferno is about as funny as the Khemr Rouge.
I would consider almost all of those examples childish lol. Its pretty easy to pick it out. I have always used the internet specifically for learning, I belong to multiple religious forums and such so it doesn't make much sense to me why a video of a tone deaf 13 year old singing about friday deserves as many views as it has by now. Its shocking, if you look up algorythms (sp*) or really anything school related above 12th grade level there will be a maximum of 1000-2000 views, don't understand that at all lol.
GOD_wears_GUCCI
GOD_wears_GUCCI
Admin
Admin

https://godrobforums.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  rrobb911 Wed May 23, 2012 8:01 pm

What's SDA?

I'll admit it, all memes have one or two good pictures that have made me laugh, but the vast majority are complete shit. Since when is putting someone's face in a rainbow color with a caption considered humor? Oh internet, what have you become?

I agree with the statement of intelligent websites getting more views. Make a website called www.guyhitinballs.com and www.answertoeveryquestionyoueverhadaboutscience.com and see which one gets more views (hyperbole on the web addresses, I know). Guaranteed the hits is a ratio of 1,000:1

/rant
rrobb911
rrobb911
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Razorhawkzor Wed May 23, 2012 8:16 pm

I find certain memes or comics to be funny at times. But I sometimes find myself thinking "What the hell is wrong with us?" This is for the internet at times, but usually to society. Look up Jersey Shore on Youtube and most of the videos will have millions of views. Really?

I find Facebook to be kind of like

"OMG! I just hurt my toe lol!" "These shoes are so awesome!" Just stupid stuff that no one really cares about.
Razorhawkzor
Razorhawkzor

Back to top Go down

Post  rrobb911 Wed May 23, 2012 8:37 pm

Facebook, yeah, that went to shit too. They need to make a middle school facebook, or 16 and under facebook. This would get rid of 60% of the immature kids and 100% of the rapists.

And get rid of timelines.
rrobb911
rrobb911
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dudeacus97 Wed May 23, 2012 10:44 pm

GOD_wears_GUCCI wrote:
Dudeacus97 wrote:What would you define as "childish humor"? Would the SDA count?

I would consider almost all of those examples childish lol. Its pretty easy to pick it out. I have always used the internet specifically for learning, I belong to multiple religious forums and such so it doesn't make much sense to me why a video of a tone deaf 13 year old singing about friday deserves as many views as it has by now. Its shocking, if you look up algorythms (sp*) or really anything school related above 12th grade level there will be a maximum of 1000-2000 views, don't understand that at all lol.

You know what memes are the worst? The religious ones. I should be expecting this because Richard Dawkins invented the word meme, except it was supposed to be used for sociology and anthropology. I bet he hates himself for it now. All of the religious memes fail hilariously, and the only funny ones... wait, there was only one funny one, and it was a picture of Moses holding his staff with the words "Religious Meme: Let There be Comments!" below it. And I don't think that one counts because it was making fun of Religious memes.

The fact I'm a Christian apologist (well, I'm about 4/5 done with one book and visit www.godandscience.org once in a while, so I guess that counts), so that makes them even worse because it makes them more retarded not as just comedy, but as arguments.

Last edited by Dudeacus97 on Thu May 24, 2012 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dudeacus97
Dudeacus97
A Diamond in the Rough

Back to top Go down

Post  Dudeacus97 Wed May 23, 2012 10:45 pm

rrobb911 wrote:What's SDA?

I'll admit it, all memes have one or two good pictures that have made me laugh, but the vast majority are complete shit. Since when is putting someone's face in a rainbow color with a caption considered humor? Oh internet, what have you become?

I agree with the statement of intelligent websites getting more views. Make a website called www.guyhitinballs.com and www.answertoeveryquestionyoueverhadaboutscience.com and see which one gets more views (hyperbole on the web addresses, I know). Guaranteed the hits is a ratio of 1,000:1

/rant

SDA is Storm Drain Alligator. That script I wrote.
Dudeacus97
Dudeacus97
A Diamond in the Rough

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down