G&R ENTERTAINMENT & GAMING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Religion

5 posters

Go down

Religion Empty Religion

Post  rrobb911 Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:04 am

I have a genuine question for you guys. Why is it that religion is the most "off limits" topic, be it humor or insults? A comedian can make racist jokes all day, but he can get in a ton of shit for one religious joke. I'm not religious at all, so I don't know how it feels to have my beliefs attacked. Wouldn't it hurt more to be insulted because of your body, family, or whatever?
rrobb911
rrobb911
Admin
Admin

https://godrobforums.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Religion Empty Re: Religion

Post  Razorhawkzor Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:02 pm

Waiting for gucci gucci to get in on this. I dislike religion because it always starts fights over something that no one actually knows.

I think it is more because when someone else has a different religion, some people go
"My religion is the one true one and everyone must believe in it. No one makes fun my beliefs."
I believe that people are stubborn by nature, so that doesn't help.

Razorhawkzor
Razorhawkzor

Back to top Go down

Post  godwashere Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:06 pm

Dont even get me started.. lol
godwashere
godwashere
Photoshop Master
Photoshop Master

Back to top Go down

Post  rrobb911 Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:40 pm

godwashere wrote:Dont even get me started.. lol

Please get started Smile
rrobb911
rrobb911
Admin
Admin

https://godrobforums.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  godwashere Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:26 pm

rrobb911 wrote:
godwashere wrote:Dont even get me started.. lol

Please get started Smile

No thank you! lol I always end up arguing about it with Gucci-God-Whatever lol and everytime I find hes started talking about it I make him stop lol.
godwashere
godwashere
Photoshop Master
Photoshop Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Razorhawkzor Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:15 am

We want a good show.
Razorhawkzor
Razorhawkzor

Back to top Go down

Religion Empty Religion huh?

Post  GOD_wears_GUCCI Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:49 pm

Gucci is present Smile I love talking about religion, it is a very offensive subject but im a very open person, if you say something I don't agree with I will prove my point but don't take offence. Im reading a book on christian/judaism controversies and find it quite intriguing how we have managed to coexist.

Also, I seem to have a point of view that can easily be disproved by biblical literature but not by my conscience. I find the cross utterly repugnant, I know it is supposed to display jesus' sacrifice to save our souls, but it still feels wrong when I pass by a crash site and see a cross, was their death a sacrifice? or is it ironic at all that we use a 1st century roman torture device to represent "safe passage" as some would explain the cross at the site of a death?

Keep in mind it was not just the best torture technology at the time, it was reserved for the vilest of criminals, are we saying our fallen friends are vile, repugnant, beings worthy of crucifixion?
GOD_wears_GUCCI
GOD_wears_GUCCI
Admin
Admin

https://godrobforums.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Dudeacus97 Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:06 pm

GOD_wears_GUCCI wrote:Gucci is present Smile I love talking about religion, it is a very offensive subject but im a very open person, if you say something I don't agree with I will prove my point but don't take offence. Im reading a book on christian/judaism controversies and find it quite intriguing how we have managed to coexist.

Also, I seem to have a point of view that can easily be disproved by biblical literature but not by my conscience. I find the cross utterly repugnant, I know it is supposed to display jesus' sacrifice to save our souls, but it still feels wrong when I pass by a crash site and see a cross, was their death a sacrifice? or is it ironic at all that we use a 1st century roman torture device to represent "safe passage" as some would explain the cross at the site of a death?

Keep in mind it was not just the best torture technology at the time, it was reserved for the vilest of criminals, are we saying our fallen friends are vile, repugnant, beings worthy of crucifixion?

Have you ever studied Christian Apologetics? I think you would find it very interesting.
Dudeacus97
Dudeacus97
A Diamond in the Rough

Back to top Go down

Post  GOD_wears_GUCCI Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:07 pm

Dudeacus97 wrote:
GOD_wears_GUCCI wrote:Gucci is present Smile I love talking about religion, it is a very offensive subject but im a very open person, if you say something I don't agree with I will prove my point but don't take offence. Im reading a book on christian/judaism controversies and find it quite intriguing how we have managed to coexist.

Have you ever studied Christian Apologetics? I think you would find it very interesting.

Oh yes, I have always been interested in christian apologetics, almost wish I could make a living off of it haha. I find that and crypto-lutheran/lutheran/anglican studies are all pretty awesome as well. It is harder to find info on those but equally as interesting theology. I haven't swayed far from christianity since my research though.
GOD_wears_GUCCI
GOD_wears_GUCCI
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  GOD_wears_GUCCI Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:11 pm

Razorhawkzor wrote:Waiting for gucci gucci to get in on this. I dislike religion because it always starts fights over something that no one actually knows.

I think it is more because when someone else has a different religion, some people go
"My religion is the one true one and everyone must believe in it. No one makes fun my beliefs."
I believe that people are stubborn by nature, so that doesn't help.

This is very true, it is difficult to sway someone from their beliefs if they are born into a religion. That is why I take offense to those who claim a religion without the "qualifications." I know enough about christianity to believe, I've had divine experiences, yet I remain prodominantly agnostic, I accept we don't know enough Smile
GOD_wears_GUCCI
GOD_wears_GUCCI
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  GOD_wears_GUCCI Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:17 pm

rrobb911 wrote:I have a genuine question for you guys. Why is it that religion is the most "off limits" topic, be it humor or insults? A comedian can make racist jokes all day, but he can get in a ton of shit for one religious joke. I'm not religious at all, so I don't know how it feels to have my beliefs attacked. Wouldn't it hurt more to be insulted because of your body, family, or whatever?
The intensity in religion is often underestimated, like I mentioned the book on judaism im reading. When a Catholic offends a Jew it goes almost unrecognized, yet if you read both books you will see how they should essentially be fighting to the death. I think you see alot of turmoil but there really should be more, if taken literally. One thing that throws me off, that doesn't seem to aggitate others is; If you go to Auchwitz you will see a cross observing the camp remains, placed there for memorial reasons after the slaughter. Comes off as unoffensive to you most likely. Now take in the thought of who was corrupting the pontious pilot into killing jesus. The Jewish church, now think about what you would call millions of people dying for a religion? Martyrs. Now does it seem like a slap to the face of millions of undead Jews to place an emblem of christianity, the messiah they denied and slaughtered, at the site of their worst tragedy known to history? To me it sounds like either someone is trying to convert these fallen martyrs even after being burnt alive, towards christianity. Or, it is there to make a mark of a modern day Golgotha. A great sacrifice to cleanse the earth. Extremely offensive, now doesn't a few jew jokes sound a little miniscule?
GOD_wears_GUCCI
GOD_wears_GUCCI
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Razorhawkzor Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:28 pm

I'm atheist and when I told my friends it somehow became a playful joke to all of us. If it is somehow brought up then they make a cross with my fingers and I pretend to burn up. But that implies that I'm a Satanist.

Although this is America where there is no religion that MUST be followed, it feels like Christianity is the dominant religion. I was wondering though:
1: Have we ever had a non Christian/Catholic president?
2: What is the difference from Christianity, Catholicism, Protestants etc.
Razorhawkzor
Razorhawkzor

Back to top Go down

Post  GOD_wears_GUCCI Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:35 pm

Razorhawkzor wrote:I'm atheist and when I told my friends it somehow became a playful joke to all of us. If it is somehow brought up then they make a cross with my fingers and I pretend to burn up. But that implies that I'm a Satanist.

Although this is America where there is no religion that MUST be followed, it feels like Christianity is the dominant religion. I was wondering though:
Satanism is highly missunderstood as well, satanists (given there are many interpretations) the basic devil worshiping implies they are just psychologically crippled christians, they get some kind of self induced high off of denying christ. To believe in "satan" you must accept god, because satan was god's right hand man before we came. If you worship satan you are essentially disowning humanity like satan, which is pretty stupid because that would still make you human, which would still leave you a target of satans wrath. As for the difference in the many "christians", Christianity implies you believe in christ, you believe christ was our messiah and saved us from god's wrath. Most christianity beliefs other then catholocism have always seemed to be stupid to me, we have proof in the bible of the last supper, all chrstians believe that, so they accept that during the last supper jesus said to his deciples "do this in memory of me" so what sepperates catholicism and other forms of christianity is basically the way thay carry out their worship. Although I think its stupid they would recognize Jesus saying "do this" and then create an alternate form of worship... seems counter productive. Other things seperate but I believe that is the ultimate barrier.
GOD_wears_GUCCI
GOD_wears_GUCCI
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  GOD_wears_GUCCI Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:03 am

This video reached me, and made me realize I have so many idols in my life distracting me from god's will. I find it near impossible to live a life entirely to gods standards in this age. I have had more religious influence through music then god's teachings, does that make me a victim of false idolism? If we are surrounded by demons, influencing sin through manipulation does god give us some kind of compromise for our ignorance? or does he acknowledge that the same information that was placed in the deciples heads remain on this earth still today making us all unworthy?
-----Reflect Logically Please----
GOD_wears_GUCCI
GOD_wears_GUCCI
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dudeacus97 Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:21 am

Razorhawkzor wrote:I'm atheist and when I told my friends it somehow became a playful joke to all of us. If it is somehow brought up then they make a cross with my fingers and I pretend to burn up. But that implies that I'm a Satanist.

Thomas Jefferson was a deist. That means he believed that God made the universe, then left.
Dudeacus97
Dudeacus97
A Diamond in the Rough

Back to top Go down

Post  GOD_wears_GUCCI Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:30 am

Dudeacus97 wrote:

Thomas Jefferson was a deist. That means he believed that God made the universe, then left.
VERY TRUE, I often forget that. I do think we are alone in this world, but I do not think "alone" is how we percieve. I believe in dementions that only our spiritual bodies can go through, I believe I have been to one, and I believe there are barriers placed to stop us, and entities, from going where they please. In that thought it shows there would be a "border" so to speak. So I believe god is absent from this world, and does not "work in misterious ways" I believe he works in a blatantly obvious way, just not to us. I don't think we have the capability to see, or experience this spiritual relm unless in astral body, which is how my experience happened.
GOD_wears_GUCCI
GOD_wears_GUCCI
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dudeacus97 Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:15 am

I just finished the book What's So Great about Christianity by Dinesh D'Souza. It was amazing. It's probably one of the best apologetic books I've ever read, which is a pretty easy title to get because I've only read two.
Dudeacus97
Dudeacus97
A Diamond in the Rough

Back to top Go down

Post  GOD_wears_GUCCI Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:12 pm

Dudeacus97 wrote:I just finished the book What's So Great about Christianity by Dinesh D'Souza. It was amazing. It's probably one of the best apologetic books I've ever read, which is a pretty easy title to get because I've only read two.
I actually haven't read that one, I will have to check it out. My favorite book is "Constantines Sword" by James Carrol, I would suggest anyone read it. It shows agnostic/atheists a new approach to religious interpretation, and also sheds a new light on what it really means to be "catholic" as opposed to christian. Very technical read, I am pretty damn good at understanding the true meaning behind texts and I still had to re-read the entire book after almost completing it, I realized I was interpreting it all wrong. Its a very powerfull book, I would check it out I think you would appreciate his "connection" between forgotten issues.

EDIT: Just found the book, im gonna read it today! how long did it take you?
GOD_wears_GUCCI
GOD_wears_GUCCI
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dudeacus97 Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:06 pm

GOD_wears_GUCCI wrote:
Dudeacus97 wrote:I just finished the book What's So Great about Christianity by Dinesh D'Souza. It was amazing. It's probably one of the best apologetic books I've ever read, which is a pretty easy title to get because I've only read two.
I actually haven't read that one, I will have to check it out. My favorite book is "Constantines Sword" by James Carrol, I would suggest anyone read it. It shows agnostic/atheists a new approach to religious interpretation, and also sheds a new light on what it really means to be "catholic" as opposed to christian. Very technical read, I am pretty damn good at understanding the true meaning behind texts and I still had to re-read the entire book after almost completing it, I realized I was interpreting it all wrong. Its a very powerfull book, I would check it out I think you would appreciate his "connection" between forgotten issues.

EDIT: Just found the book, im gonna read it today! how long did it take you?

It took me about 6 days to finish it. It's awesome.
Dudeacus97
Dudeacus97
A Diamond in the Rough

Back to top Go down

Post  GOD_wears_GUCCI Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:21 pm

I just read chapter summarizations, I like his approach on atheism. Seems like he described ALL the reasons I chose material explination over creation, although my viewpoints changed it is still very percievable. The one thing that sets me apart from evolution is, why did we evolve so efficiently as opposed to the other animals of this kingdom? They are obviously victims of plenty of different atrocities, hunting methods change, environment changes, weather patterns have changed, human population has increased, yet they stay remotely the same? Then again, they have personality traits similar to humans suggesting we're not so different. However, I believe it is evident we have adapted and advance tremendously as opposed to the animal kingdom. In my eyes, there must be an explination for that beyond scientific reasoning.
GOD_wears_GUCCI
GOD_wears_GUCCI
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dudeacus97 Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:33 pm

GOD_wears_GUCCI wrote:I just read chapter summarizations, I like his approach on atheism. Seems like he described ALL the reasons I chose material explination over creation, although my viewpoints changed it is still very percievable. The one thing that sets me apart from evolution is, why did we evolve so efficiently as opposed to the other animals of this kingdom? They are obviously victims of plenty of different atrocities, hunting methods change, environment changes, weather patterns have changed, human population has increased, yet they stay remotely the same? Then again, they have personality traits similar to humans suggesting we're not so different. However, I believe it is evident we have adapted and advance tremendously as opposed to the animal kingdom. In my eyes, there must be an explination for that beyond scientific reasoning.

Hence theistic evolution. He gets to that later on.
Dudeacus97
Dudeacus97
A Diamond in the Rough

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum