Darwinism/Atheism & Agnostic Discussion

Go down

Darwinism/Atheism & Agnostic Discussion

Post  GOD_wears_GUCCI on Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:18 pm

Discuss your beliefs opposing religion, and the study of scientology.

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://godrobforums.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Darwinism/Atheism & Agnostic Discussion

Post  GOD_wears_GUCCI on Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:51 pm

What led me to make this thread, is the fact that people who chose a neutral standpoint in religious/scientific controversy are only avoiding the consequences of decision, avoiding the duties of having such a powerfull belief. I wish to have a logical representation of both arguements on this site, contrived from all of our opinions. There are many things leading people to believe in a diety, and many reasons proving the latter. Such as, evolution. We know we go through almost (or possibly) every stage of evolution in the fetal process, that shows evolution is possible. Another strong viewpoint opposing religion would be the cascade of fatality contrived from religious beliefs. If you believe that religion causes war, this is the thread to express why you feel that way. I personally think our wars are about greed. I can sit in the same room with a Jew without proclaiming my Anti-semitistic beliefs, yet I have plenty of reasons to lash out on them. So that proves, to me, that we can coexist. Yet if you put me in the same room with someone who owes me money, there will be violence. Some valid responses to many religious questions would be, "how come when I pray I feel nothing, and recieve no response from whoever is supposed to be listening?" There are many questions, and many answers, now lets hear some.

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://godrobforums.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Dudeacus97 on Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:28 pm

GOD_wears_GUCCI wrote:What led me to make this thread, is the fact that people who chose a neutral standpoint in religious/scientific controversy are only avoiding the consequences of decision, avoiding the duties of having such a powerfull belief. I wish to have a logical representation of both arguements on this site, contrived from all of our opinions. There are many things leading people to believe in a diety, and many reasons proving the latter. Such as, evolution. We know we go through almost (or possibly) every stage of evolution in the fetal process, that shows evolution is possible. Another strong viewpoint opposing religion would be the cascade of fatality contrived from religious beliefs. If you believe that religion causes war, this is the thread to express why you feel that way. I personally think our wars are about greed. I can sit in the same room with a Jew without proclaiming my Anti-semitistic beliefs, yet I have plenty of reasons to lash out on them. So that proves, to me, that we can coexist. Yet if you put me in the same room with someone who owes me money, there will be violence. Some valid responses to many religious questions would be, "how come when I pray I feel nothing, and recieve no response from whoever is supposed to be listening?" There are many questions, and many answers, now lets hear some.

Well, to me the cause of all evil was the 7 Deadly Sins. I don't know a single crime in history that can't be associated to one of them:
Lust: Countless rapes.
Greed: Too much to list.
Pride: Crimes of the Nazi Party.
Envy: No historical ones off of the top of my head, but The Cask of Amontillado comes to mind, even though it's a story.
Gluttony: Doesn't exactly CAUSE murders, but rulers such as the Romanovs and the french aristocrats come to mind. It's evil in itself.
Sloth: Many people have died due to negligance of safety rules.
Wrath: World War One was caused by an extremely angry nation after the heir to their throne died. I always saw it as a war of wrath.
Dudeacus97
A Diamond in the Rough

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down